Saturday, March 19, 2011

SXSW Day 2: Yes, Zuzuka. I do wanna make out with you.


by Paola Capó-García
My feet hurt. Mostly from all the couch dancing that went on last night at our third XLR8R/Peligrosa party. I saw many things I can’t unsee. As I walked into Frank’s last night, Mexicans with Guns was feeding the souls of turntable heads in the house with amazing precision. His set was hard hitting and drew more and more people in as he went on. But the crowds truly gathered once and for all when Mistress Thunda, a.k.a. Zuzuka Poderosa, took to the mic and never looked back. Accompanying her was the provider of her new EP, Sonora Remezcla: Zuzuka Poderosa, the creator of our current favorite song “Thriller Beats,” the absurdly talented Sonora. The two took over and Zuzuka contained herself in a tiny circle, huddled by the humping masses. Phrases like “Do you like it hard?” “I just wanna grind” and “Do you wanna make out with me” were some of the choice sound bites of the night, as Zuzuka, like a sequined firecracker, unleashed carioca bass all over our faces. And yes, she did indeed grind, and her set concluded with an unexpected headbanger, “So dip motha fucka,” the adopted motto of the night, I suppose. (READ MORE AT REMEZCLA.COM by clicking on the pics on this page)

The above excerpt is part of SXSW coverage at Remezcla.com, who're covering the event and sharing with us :)

No comments: